Learn via: Virtual classroom
Duration: 4 days
Pre-course reading: Included
Course code: CO110
Money-back guarantee: Yes
Learn via: Virtual classroom Duration: 4 days Pre-course reading: Included Exam: Included Course code: CO110 Money-back guarantee: Yes
|Mon, 07th Jun 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
|Mon, 05th Jul 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
|Mon, 02nd Aug 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
I recently attended an Agile Fundamentals course led by Mark and found it really enjoyable. Mark was engaging and the content was pitched at the right level for the audience.… I enjoyed the interaction and learning something new. Looking forward to more courses in the future. Read more “AgileDS Foundation & Practitioner”
I enjoyed the interactive elements and sharing ideas with other people on the course.
The Agile Fundamentals course gave a good overview and the group task was enjoyable.
Great Agile course
I learnt a lot about ways I can change my working practices, especially around regular but concise updates and realistic estimates.
AgileDS presents an agile approach to digital service delivery. In our increasingly digital world, organisations across both private and public sectors recognise the need to develop and maintain effective digital services to support customers and citizens.
AgileDS training and certification is based on the Agile Digital Services (AgileDS) Handbook, published by the Agile Business Consortium. Offering practical advice and guidance, the Handbook enables organisations to develop a consistent approach, common language and skilled workforce for the successful design and delivery of digital services.
The UK Government is recognised as a world leader in digital government, led by Government Digital Service (GDS). In response to the unique complexity of government, GDS created the GOV.UK Service Standard and supporting Service Manual to guide the development of effective digital services.
The scale and complexity of public sector digital transformation are enormous. User research by the Agile Business Consortium found that people need support and guidance to put the GOV.UK Service Manual into practice and Agile Digital Services (AgileDS) provides that guidance.
Who should attend this course?
Whilst the method was created for government sectors, it is ideal for organisations required to deliver any form of digital service. The course benefits anyone who interacts with their customers or stakeholders via the internet, for example, professional bodies, governance providers and membership-based organisations. Roles that would benefit from the course include project managers, product managers, service owners and digital content providers.
By the end of the course, the candidate will understand the key principles and terminology within the AgileDS guidance. Specifically, the candidate will understand/be able to:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile and Digital Services.
- The lifecycle of an Agile and Digital Services project, including alternative configurations.
- The artifacts produced during an Agile Digital Services project and their purpose.
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations.
- The roles and responsibilities of an Agile Digital Services project.
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile Digital Services in a project situation.
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile Digital Services project to a given scenario.
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile Digital Services products produced during an Agile project.
- Apply the following Agile Digital Services techniques in a project situation: Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritisation; Iterative Development; Building Incrementally; Timeboxing; User Needs; User Experience.
- Identify the Agile Digital Services techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile Digital Services project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario.
- Understand the mechanisms for planning, control and governance of an Agile Digital Services Project which are specific to an Agile project.
- Understand and outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile and Digital Services project.
- Describe the Agile Digital Services approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile and Digital Services project from a given scenario.
The course is suitable for anyone considering moving to an Agile Digital Services framework or working within (or with) an Agile Digital Service team. No prior knowledge of Agile is required for our Foundation or combined course.
The course sessions will take the form of a workshop, working as a whole group or breaking into small groups to explore the content through exercises, for instance, games and discussions. Your trainer will lead a retrospective at the end of each session to help you put what you have learned into concrete actions and practical use.
APMG International provides exams – the Foundation exam consists of 50 questions over 40 minutes, and the Practitioner exam consists of 80 questions over 150 minutes. These are to be completed after the course at a time and date that is convenient for you.
Over the course, we will learn:
- The Agile Manifesto
- Agile Digital Services principles
- The service lifecycle
- User needs and user experience
- User stories post-it note question
- Roles and responsibilities
- Role themes post-it note question
- Planning and control
- Agile governance
- Iterative development
- Quality assurance
The AgileDS course includes the following:
Whether you choose online virtual learning, on-site or our city-centre training centre for your learning, our trainers make classroom sessions as interactive as possible by using a range of innovative technologies. We incorporate breakout sessions and encourage learners to share ideas and feedback.
Community of learners
At Cert Unlimited, we create a community of learners which presents a platform to discuss new and old ideas in a safe environment. You’ll have the opportunity to develop theory into ideas, vision and strategy and take this learning into the workplace to experiment with your unique context, culture and teams.
AgileDS training certificate
Upon completion of the course and exams, you will receive an APMG AgileDS certification which is indicative of a commitment to professional and personal development.
- Do I need to purchase or read any additional course materials? We suggest you familiarise yourself with the content and rationale in the Agile Manifesto and the HM Government Digital Service Standard.
- Is there homework to complete outside of the classroom? No, tasks will be completed with the course duration with guidance from our trainers.
- What course should I study next? Agile Project Management Foundation or PRINCE2 are the perfect courses to follow on from our AgileDS course.