Learn via: Virtual classroom
Duration: 4 days
Pre-course reading: Included
Course code: CO500
Money-back guarantee: Yes
|Mon, 21st Jun 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
|Mon, 24th May 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
|Mon, 19th Jul 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
‘Class’ based feel
My favourite part of the course was the interactive materials such as the whiteboard which gave the session a ‘class’ based feel even though delivery was remote.
Better Business Cases is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process, that sits alongside, and compliments, HM Treasury's Green Book guidance. Based on the Better Business Cases International Guide to developing the Project Business Case and Programme Business Case.
The primary purpose of the course is to create the learning outcomes of the delegate related to understand and apply the guidance. It also delivers knowledge for candidates to attain both the Foundation accreditation and Practitioner accreditation.
Who should attend this course?
Are you responsible for, or require an understanding of producing spending proposals and business justifications? Better Business Cases offers a strategic and systematic approach to developing a business case that is comprehensive, accurate, and portrays the value of a change to prospective investors.
The combined qualification is aimed at anyone involved with or who oversees a project, as it helps the learner understand the work that is necessary to prove a case for investment within the public sector. Relevant roles include:
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors or other Directors, with responsibility for the successful delivery of programmes and projects.
- Project ManagErs, Project Team members and specialist advisers, tasked with delivering a business case for investment.
- Officers involved in the scrutiny and review of investment proposals.
The principles we will learn:
During the Foundation course (3 days), you will learn philosophy and underlying rationale of the Five Case Model – the UK government’s best practice approach. The different types of the business case, their purpose, who is responsible for them and when they are required in the development of a spending proposal. Plus, gain an understanding of the development of the business case with other recognised and recommended best practice for programme and project management.
While studying the Practitioner course (2 days), you will be able to put theory into practice and apply the steps in the business case development framework to support the production of a business case, using the Five Case Model for a given scenario.
The purpose of the Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner course is to enable the candidate to achieve a sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the Five Case Model. A successful Practitioner candidate will be able to effectively develop and produce a business case by applying the model to a real project.
There are no prerequisites for the Better Business Cases Foundation & Practitioner course.
Over the course, we will learn:
- Overview of Better Business Cases
- Making the case for change
- Exploring the preferred way forward
- Determining potential value for money
- Preparing for the potential deal
- Ascertaining affordability and funding requirement
- Planning for successful delivery
- Procuring the value for money solution
- Contracting for the deal
- Ensuring successful delivery
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (50% correct)
- 40-minutes duration
- Closed book
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper (20 marks available per question).
- 40 marks or more required to pass (50% correct)
- 2 ½ hours duration
- Open book exam
The Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner course include the following:
Whether you choose online virtual learning, on-site or our city-centre training centre for your learning, our trainers make classroom sessions as interactive as possible by using a range of innovative technologies. We incorporate breakout sessions and encourage learners to share ideas and feedback.
Community of learners
At Cert Unlimited, we create a community of learners which presents a platform to discuss new and old ideas in a safe environment. You’ll have the opportunity to develop theory into ideas, vision and strategy and take this learning into the workplace to experiment with your unique context, culture and teams.
The APMG Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner exams are included in the course, on passing the exam, you will receive your certification.
- Do I need to purchase or read any additional course materials? No
- Is there work will be completed outside of the course? With this course, there is no homework to be completed outside of the classroom. Tasks will be completed in class with guidance from your trainer.