Learn via: Virtual classroom
Duration: 3 days
Pre-course reading: Included
Course code: CO520
Money-back guarantee: Yes
|Mon, 13th Dec 2021||Virtual Classroom||
Login to get 5% off!
‘Class’ based feel
My favourite part of the course was the interactive materials such as the whiteboard which gave the session a ‘class’ based feel even though delivery was remote.
ITIL is the global standard in IT best practice and is used globally by millions of practitioners. The ITIL framework provides a common language and tools that power collaboration within IT teams, to deliver value across a business.
The ITIL Foundation course provides delegates with an extensive introduction to the core concepts of ITIL 4. During the course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to complete the ITIL4 Foundation exam and certification.
Who should attend this course?
The ITIL Foundation certification can help anyone who requires a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management. This course is ideal for those with a career within IT service management (ITSM), IT professionals or others working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL.
The principles we will learn:
- Understand the key concepts of service management.
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help organisations to adopt and adapt service management.
- Understand the four dimensions of service management.
- Understand the activities of the service value chain and how they connect.
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices.
- Understand 7 ITIL practices in detail.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Foundation qualification is to:
- Introduce you to the management of modern IT-enabled services.
- Provide an understanding of the common language and key concepts.
- Show how you can improve your work and the work of your organisation with ITIL 4 guidance.
- Provide an understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working.
There are no prerequisites for the ITIL Foundation course.
The course sessions will take the form of a workshop, working as a whole group or breaking into small groups to explore the content through various interactive exercises. Your trainer will lead a retrospective at the end of each session to help you put what you have learned into concrete actions and practical use.
The ITIL Foundation course will prepare you for the People Cert ITIL Foundation exam, which is to be completed after the course at a date and time that is convenient for you. The closed-book exam includes 40 multiple-choice questions; learners scoring over 65% correct will pass the exam.
Over the course, we will learn:
- Course overview and introduction
- Key concepts of service management
- Service value system
- ITIL guiding principles
- Four dimensions of service management
- Service value chain
- ITIL practices
The ITIL Foundation course includes the following:
Whether you choose online virtual learning, on-site or our city-centre training centre for your learning, our trainers make classroom sessions as interactive as possible by using a range of innovative technologies. We incorporate breakout sessions and encourage learners to share ideas and feedback.
Community of learners
At Cert Unlimited, we create a community of learners which presents a platform to discuss new and old ideas in a safe environment. You’ll have the opportunity to develop theory into ideas, vision and strategy and take this learning into the workplace to experiment with your unique context, culture and teams.
The People Cert ITIL Foundation exam is included within the course and on passing the exam, you will be awarded the People Cert certification.
- What course should I study next? The ITIL Practitioner course is the perfect follow-on course.